Pekino is a drinker for ducks developed by Big Dutchman in cooperation with the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences and other experienced experts. The Pekino drinker ideally meets the biological requirements of ducks regarding water. Not only can the ducks easily drink from the cup, they can also wash their bill and submerge their entire head thanks to the cup’s special design. These are important prerequisites to keep the ducks healthy, and thus lead to ideal fattening results.
Furthermore, the ducks are able to carry out their natural behaviour such as dabbling, straining and preening. Pekino is an additional water source and should be combined with conventional nipple drinkers. The drinker line should be installed above the plastic slats where such flooring is used.
- the deep-drawn, funnel-shaped cup ideally meets the biological requirements of ducks by supplying water in an animal-friendly way;
- thanks to the mobile pendulum, the duck can independently ensure that more water flows into the cup;
- water losses due to overflowing are significantly reduced thanks to a special rim for returning water;
- the use of Pekino contributes to the ducks’ health;
- the requirements in section 11, paragraph 2 of the “Recommendation concerning domestic ducks” of the Council of Europe are met.