NATURA Primus & NATURA Filia
Big Dutchman can offer two different types of aviaries for successful pullet rearing. Both systems have proved their technical maturity in the market and are thus a prerequisite for good rearing results, i.e. uniform and healthy pullets.
Pullets that are intended for laying aviaries should always be reared in aviary systems as well. Intensive training from the first day of life is the most important factor in pullet rearing. Only when pullets learn how to move around in an aviary from the very beginning will they have a good start into the laying period.
NATURA Primus can be supplied in two widths (1600 and 1866 mm). In both widths, the aviary is also available as raised system. The house floor beneath the raised system is used as litter area, i.e. it counts as usable area. In addition to the house width, the height of the barn is thus a crucial factor, especially for existing houses.
To achieve the ideal stocking density, the aviary should be selected based on the house dimensions for this reason.
- NATURA Primus is available in a great variety of versions to achieve ideal stocking densities in any barn;
- foldable partitions in the system every 2.40 m (optionally every 1.20 m) guarantee that moving in and out as well as catching for vaccination purposes remain stress-free;
- the third level may be equipped with feed lines as well.
NATURA Filia is available in two widths (1866 and 2239 mm). The large distance between the aviary levels makes for a very open design. The farm staff are easily able to access both levels. Feed and water are within easy reach for the birds. The special feature of NATURAFilia is its internal intermediate level, located in the back of both tiers.
- this generates additional system area;
- the birds can jump back and forth from an early age, even if the system is still closed: training as early as possible;
- the height of the drinker line corresponds to the height of the intermediate level.
- intermediate levels inside the system help train the pullets to jump and fly even from a very early age (while the system is still closed), i.e. the system can be opened very early on and the pullets can use the litter area extensively;
- sliding partitions every 1485 mm reduce stress during moving in and out and when catching the birds for vaccination;
- an optimised section dimension of 1485 mm improves productivity;
- optimum ratio between usable area and feeding space ensures ideal utilisation of the house;
- each level can be equipped with two additional perches.